Due to lack of registrations the crew class is canceled.
The crew training class has been delayed by 1 week starting Tuesdays May 11 and going till June 1. Class are outdoors on Tuesday 11, 18, 24, 1 and on the water on Wednesday 12, 19, 25 .
This message is much different than I thought it would be originally when I chose April as my month to write this post. Now, the only sailing we are doing, if any, is not “sanctioned racing”. The boat projects are still lingering because of all this time we now have and we are all learning about terms like “flatten the curve” and “social distancing”. If you are anything like me, I’m learning about how important it is to maintain communication with friends and family. While we walk through this government imposed quarantine, reaching out to those around you, getting exercise and fresh air and let’s not forget washing our hands, will get us through.
There is a bright spot in all of this and it is that the CCVR Board is still working hard to
reschedule our racing and education programs. We are currently planning our next regatta
which is Summer Solstice Ocean Race on June 20 th . We are also setting up dates for our classes to start up as soon as June 16 th . There are great things on the horizon!
I am really looking forward to seeing all of you on the water once these restrictions lift. Until then, please take care of yourself and those around you.
Due to the current situation all CCVR activities are postponed till further notice.
The upcoming SpinSheet Crew party at Marker 20 on April 4th has been canceled.